If you receive electronic documents that you would like to appear in the Communications and Letters node of a patient's clinical tree, the easiest way to achieve this is to "upload" the file straight into SystmOne so you can deal with it the same was you would as if you had scanned the paper version. Using the "Attach" file functionality may not be the best way to upload items such as Referral Letters as the resulting file would not appear in Communications and Letters, but in Attachments.
Drag and Drop
1. Save the file you wish to attach to your desktop or somewhere you can easily find it.
2. Open SystmOne and click Workflow > Document Management > Acquired Documents.
3. Ensure that you can see both he SystmOne window and the file on your desktop at the same time as in the image below.
4. Click the file and keep your finger on the mouse button to "drag" the file. Move the mouse cursor over the purple coloured box in the top-right hand side of the SystmOne window and release the button. You will be prompted with the same dialog box and process as you would have done if you had scanned the document using a scanner. Complete the process as appropriate.
Copy and Paste
1. Using drag and drop can be a little tricky as you have to be able to see the file and the SystmOne window at the same time. This process is a little easier. Locate the file to be uploaded and right-click on the file > copy.
2. Go into the SystmOne widow and right-click on the purple box in the top-right of the Acquired Documents screen > Paste Files.
3. You will be prompted with the same dialog box and process as you would have done if you had scanned the document using a scanner. Complete the process as appropriate.