Users of registered nhs.net email accounts can send faxes and SMS text messages using their email client. This service is provided free of charge to owners of these accounts. Any NHS employee can sign up for an nhs.net account by visiting www.nhs.net and following the sign up procedure (any problems with signing up must be directed through your local IT helpdesk).
- Go to www.nhs.net and log in to your account as usual.
- Click the Tools icon at the top of the screen
- In the bottom left corner, click the SMS & Fax button.
- Click Create SMS or Create Fax as required.
- Enter the user's fax/SMS number and click Add To Recipients.
- Enter the message as required (a fax message also allows you to add a subject and attachments).
- Click Send.